Our busy season is upon us!! Yesterday I drove from Winnipeg to Pembina, ND to pick up a new seat for the quad because a bear destroyed ours, then back to Winnipeg. Then up to Selkirk to do a check out flight in the C-206 on wheels so that the plane and I are ready to fly next week. It was nice getting back in the plane! After the flight I drove out to Lac Du Bonet to pick up 3 barrels of liquid sugar for bear baiting. The liquid sugar came from a honey bee farm and somehow it got contaminated so it couldn’t be used other than for bear bait, should work great!
Next week I’ll be flying to the lodge with a mechanic to get a couple of things working right again, and then back to pick up staff. By next weekend I’ll have 5 staff into camp and we’ll be ready for the fuel and freight haul the following week. I’m renting a 5 ton truck again to move the pop, beer, food, outboard motors, one of our old quads I fixed up over the winter, the bear bait, and miscellaneous other supplies collected over the past few months. I have some new hunting stands because we have a few more hunters this year and a new ice auger because I think we’ll be drilling holes to get water for the first couple of weeks.
My connections up north are saying that things are not looking good for a normal ice out this year, but that’s how it looked last spring and some unseasonably warm weather took care of the ice in a real hurry. I’ll have a good look next week and hopefully the ice will be gone in time for our first guests.
Bookings have been fantastic over the past week or so, all of a sudden we’re getting a bunch of phone calls and emails and we’re filling up some holes! I expect at least half of these spots will be filled soon because there are a lot of guys interested right now!
Here’s the list of the deals currently available:
Bolton Lake Lodge Open Spots: (rates are based on a minimum of 2 anglers, single fishermen are welcome at the normal rate)
- June 12 – 18 for up to 6 anglers (minimum of 4 for this spot) at a special rate of $2699 per person NEW PRIME TIME SPOT!
- June 16 – 19 for up to 6 anglers at a special rate of $1999 per person SOLD
- June 27 – July 2 for up to 8 anglers at a special rate of $2599 per person SOLD
- June 29 – July 6 for up to 8 anglers at a special rate of $2999 per person
- July 2 – 6 for up to 12 anglers at a special rate of $2299 per person DOWN TO 6 SPOTS
- July 22 – 27 for up to 4 anglers at a special rate of $2599 per person SOLD
- July 31 – August 6 for up to 12 anglers at a special rate of $2699 per person
- August 3 – 6 for up to 20 anglers at a special rate of $1999 per person
Outpost Camp Open Spots: (these special rates are for groups of 4 or more anglers, but groups of 2 are welcome at the normal rate of $2050 for a 7 day trip and $1650 for a 5 day trip)
- June 1 – 8 at Joint Lake for $1750 per person NEW PRIME TIME SPOT!
- July 6 – 13 at Joint Lake for $1750 per person SOLD
- July 13 – 20 at Joint Lake for $1750 per person
- July 19 – 26 at Aswap Lake for $1750 per person
- August 7 – 12 at Aswap Lake for $1499 per person SOLD
- August 12 – 17 at Aswap Lake for $1499 per person SOLD
- August 17 – 23 at Aswap Lake for $1599 per person
All of these special rates include a rebate from Travel Manitoba for $100 off per person.